Tuesday, November 22, 2011

2000 Dodge Neon the oil light starts to come on after it is warmed?

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon with only 101,723 miles on it. I am wondering what is going on with my car. The oil light starts to come on after it is warmed up and only when I come to a stop. Once I give it gas it goes off. I just had an oil change a week ago, and I checked all the fluids. The oil level is still good. I am wondering, if anyone can help, please I am begging for a solution.|||same car, same problem, it was the sensor about 20 bucks and 20 min.|||But anyway you need to hook up a manual oil pressure gauge . To check out what the oil pressure really is . It might be a defective sending unit or a clogged oil filter . But there again it can be worst if it has high mileage Your main or rod bearings could be wore to the point that it will need Major repair . I think that your car should have around 20 to 30 pounds of oil pressure at any given time . When driving down the road.Also be sure that who ever used the proper weight oil for the high mileage %26amp; vehicle type . Did this start after the oil change? if so it might be the pressure relief valve in the oil filter . One other thing you could do is to go to a heavier weight oil.to compensate for the wear ,But this would only be temperary cure|||that can also be caused by a sludge build up in the oil pan or a bad sending unit on it,if it were me id change the sending unit first since they just cost about 30 bucks and see if that cured the problem, its the cheapest thing you can try on it right now,good luck.|||Hi! did you changed your oil filter? if NOT, that is probably the cause of your problem. IF YES, Pls do some check on your oil sending unit (sensor)








best rgds

No comments:

Post a Comment