Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What tires would be best for my dodge ram?

I am 15 and I have a 1996 dodge ram 1500 regular cab short box 4x4. I want to lift it a little bit and put some mud tires on it. I don't want them to big because I use it for daily driving. So way size? Thanks.|||When lifting any vehicle you will notice a loss of power, increased braking,inaccurate speedometer readings and more body roll when turning. My 97 ram 1500 had 285/75R16 with no lift and cleared the fenders fine. The problem was that when cranking tightly the tires would rub the control arms. The factory size for your truck should be a 225/75R16|||Get 1 or 2 spaces wider then what the stock tire for your truck would be. If your getting new rims You can even go 3 or 4 spaces wider but I wouldn't recommend it.





The best way to see what tires will fit on your truck is to go to the auto shop and ask if you can get a sample tire to compare it to the other tires and see how it looks. Most places will agree to this.|||I'd sell the dodge first and get a better truck. You will learn early on that dodges are very problematic vehicles. You would do better to have ANY truck other than a dodge, but my PERSONAL preference is ford or chevrolet.

No comments:

Post a Comment