Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How easily would you say an experienced martial artist could dodge a punch from an untrained fighter?

I'm curious, to experienced martial artists do punches feel as if they're being thrown in slow motion when they are thrown from an untrained fighter? Just how easily could an experienced martial artist dodge a punch from an untrained fighter? Or would it still be harder than you would expect?|||An experience martial artist would be able to dodge punches from an untrained fighter fairly easily. They don't look like they're in slow motion. Over time you learn they way people move and you recognize their body movement before they throw a punch. So, they're not in slow motion, they can just see it coming before they throw the punch. But, as Pugpaws2 said, everyone makes mistakes and everyone gets hit.|||An untrained person advertises their attack far more than someone taught how to punch would. The more experienced you are, the easier it becomes to predict someones movement.

Also, an experienced martial artist (regardless of exactly what level of experience) develops reflexes not typical of an average person.



It all depends on what you refer to as an experienced martial artist, but someone who's devoted at least a year to it, and practice it seriously, would, in my opinion, be able to evade a single punch by an untrained person rather easily if face to face.|||Nothing is a certainty. Obviously someone that is well trained and has much experience is likely to be able to deflect, dodge, or slip a punch from anyone that is not better trained. but as someone said everyone makes mistakes and everyone occasionally gets hit. As an old timer in age LOL, and martial arts experience, i still regularly work out with younger stronger students. Often they end up punching at me as fast as they can. At 56 years of age, I am still able to defeat almost all attacks they execute. But I do remember being hit while teaching a seminar. It could have been embarrassing. I stopped the seminar and said this is exactly why we continue to train all our lives. We all get hit. Then I said that although I was not happy to get hit, it reminds me and all of you that no one is invincible. We must always remember that no one is unbeatable, no art superior, a momentary loss of attention, mistake, or bad luck can change any situation in a second. My philosophy is that I train assuming that an attacker is at least as well trained and experienced as I am. I also assume that if attacked that i could very well be off my average ability. So my bottom line here is that i assume that I'll be only functioning at 50% of my abilities. So I must be sure that at 50% my ability is still good enough to be able to defend myself. But even then there is no guarantee that I'll always come out OK. So far this approach to my training has worked every time where it was really serious.











...|||If the untrained fighter throws a single wild punch an experienced martial artist i think will almost always be able to dodge. It's not really about slow motion, although, in my experience in non-fight situations, adrenaline does have this effect somewhat. It's more so that untrained fighters will telecast and normally the MA would, from experience, know to dodge when he/she sees the signs.|||Average person Just goes in swinging, you can see it so easily lol.





It's not about not being able too see it, it's about a train fighter will know how to exploit an untrained punch and a untrained punch will have little effect against a trained fighter who is used to taking punches!|||VERY easily, after training in martial arts for a few years, I see how slow street fighters punches are, and how easy it would be to avoid it and counter-strike, even if they are considered fast by their friends standards, they are hell-slow compared to a serious martial artist.|||I should think an experienced martial artist could dodge a punch. Most inexperienced fighters telegraph their punches (rearing back to get maximum muscle behind it) so much that anyone with a trained eye would see it coming before the guy could get a forward motion going.|||1 wildly thrown punch is very easy to dodge





if he comes and starts throwing a flurry of punches at the martial artist then there will be a low chance he will be able to dodge them even if the person throwing them is untrained|||I would think very easily. Martial artists are trained in flexible footwork which would make them ready and able to dodge a slow, wild or haymaker punch.|||The experienced guy would have had thousands of punches thrown at him and an equal amt of practice blocking or evading. He won't get them all. No one can. But his chances are high that he will stop or evade them.|||Experience marital artist would dodge if with no problem

No comments:

Post a Comment