Saturday, November 12, 2011

How much work is it to replace a Dodge Caravan evaporator by yourself?

I have this old Dodge Caravan and the evaporator for the AC broke. I need to repair it and the dealer said it would cost over 1500 dollars! I don't have this cash so I'm thinking about doing it myself. I was wondering if it is a lot of work (like would I have to remove the Instrument Panel/dash board and do a lot of heavy lifting?) Also, is it very tedious and going to take a lot of time? Thanks.|||It is a lot of work


you should never try it your self


you would have to let the freon out


not good for the environment


you have to keep the moister out of the rest of the


a/c unit


you cannot do it right|||The entire front dashboard needs to come out before you can rmove the evaporator core housing.VERY serious job.

No comments:

Post a Comment