Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I install an Electronic brake control to my 2007 Dodge 2500 pickup?

My truck came with the trailer package, rear connector in bumper. I am now trying to install a Prodigy electronic brake controller. Shouldn't my Dodge 2500 have a connector somewhere under the dash?|||If you don't already have one, pick up a Prodigy to Dodge pigtail. It makes the installation simple. http://www.tekonsha.com/bch3020.html





Check out this thread on Pirate for the pics, and how-to:





http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.ph鈥?/a>





I've ben using my Prodigy for years now (it was in my 95, and now in my 04 Dodge) and love it!





PS - it looks like the pics on that thread are kaput, which stinks. On my 04, the connector is above the pedals (it's blue colored, IIRC). I had to unplug the main harness connector to get room to plug in the controller.





http://www.tekonsha.com/files/BC_Wire_Ha鈥?/a>











Good luck!|||you can call the controller helpline also check the etrailer site|||I have a 2003 Durango and it is on top of a black box with a couple of wire harnesses coming out of it at the drivers feet,I had to remove a wire harness to get enough room to plug in the controller it was so tight of an area.Don't know about the 2007 Ram but don't think there would be much variance.|||not all of them would have came with a plug for the controller,there should be a paper with the controller you bought with a toll free number on it call that number and they will advise you of how to do this,most i have seen did have a way to hook those up ,but not all of the trucks built has the plug ready to install,because there's so many different brands of controllers,good luck on it,that number on the paper for the controller should be a 24 hour hot line number.|||I have an 03 2500 it was under the dash above the brake pedal in mine

No comments:

Post a Comment